How to Change the Coolant in a Z400 ATV
- 1). Remove the engine casing by taking out the six screws with the Phillips screwdriver. Place the casing and screws in a safe location.
- 2). Locate the clear coolant tank on the left side of the engine. Place a drain pan below the coolant tank.
- 3). Remove the three bolts fastening the tank in place, using the 10 mm socket wrench.
- 4). Use the quick-disconnect tool to slide the clamps up the coolant hoses running from the coolant tank to the radiator. Pull the hoses off the tank and wait for the tank to drain.
- 5). Reattach the hoses and clamps. Fasten the tank in place with the bolts.
- 6). Open the tank by twisting off the cap. Add fresh coolant to the fill line and replace the cap. Reattach the engine casing with the Phillips screws.